Fantastic line-up for 32nd edition International Marveld Tournament 202221 March 2022
On Saturday 19 March the board of the International Marveld Tournament announced the participants for the 32nd edition, which will be held in the weekend of 10, 11 and 12 June.
A top-level field of participants, with many different cultures and playing styles. 12 Teams from 7 different countries and 2 different continents.
This year there are 6 Dutch teams and 6 foreign teams. The format of the tournament is unchanged: two group matches on Friday evening, three on Saturday and on Sunday the qualifying and final matches.
New participants in Groenlo are:
- Odense BK from Denmark
- Slavia Prague from the Czech Republic
- Red Bull Bragantino from Brasil
In addition, the following teams are back:
- Bayer 04 Leverkusen from Germany (last participation 2018)
- Manchester United from England (last participation 2016)
- FC Twente / Heracles (last participation 2018 as FC Twente)
The Dutch participation consists of:
- Grol 31st time, highest ranking 8th place in 1992
- Ajax 24th time, winner in 1998, 2003, 2004 and 2018
- PSV 23rd time, winner in 2001, 2007 and 2014
- Feyenoord 27th time, winner in 1993, 1995 and 1997
- AZ 3rd time, highest classification 5th place in 2019
- FC Twente / Heracles 21st time, highest ranking 4th place in 2008
The foreign participation consists of:
- FC Barcelona from Spain 8th time, winner in 2005 and 2019
- Manchester United from England 15th time, highest ranking 2nd place in 2012
- Bayer 04 Leverkusen from Germany 16th time, highest ranking winner in 1996, 2000, 2002 and 2012
- Odense BK from Denmark 1st time
- Red Bull Bragantino from Brazil 1st time
- Slavia Prague from the Czech Republic 1st time
The draw for the groups was conducted by Jikke Huinink, playing in Grol U15 and Teun Geelink, playing in Grol U17. This draw resulted in the following two groups.
Who will be the successor to FC Barcelona, winner in 2019? You will find out on the weekend of 10, 11 and 12 June!